Instant Pot Glazed Spiral Ham
Instant Pot Glazed Spiral Ham- For the juiciest and most flavorful pre-cooked spiral ham try cooking it in the Instant Pot! A tasty brown sugar, honey maple glaze gives this ham a delicious flavor while the Instant Pot infuses the ham with moisture to keep it extra juicy.
Servings: 8 servings ( 6 oz. cooked ham)
- 1 bone-in pre-cooked spiral ham approx. 6- 6 ½ lbs.
- 1 cup water
For the Brown Sugar Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot cooking pot.
In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, maple syrup , honey and Dijon mustard. Using a pastry brush or spoon, lightly paint ham with glaze. Place ham (sliced slide down ) onto a trivet with handles. Lower ham into Instant Pot. (Optional: lay out a large piece of aluminum foil (big enough to cover ham) prior to painting glaze on ham. Paint glaze on all sides of ham, placing sliced side down, wrap aluminum foil around ham. Place ham (sliced side down) on trivet and lower into Instant Pot).
Lock the lid and set the valve to “sealing”. Cook on Manual HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes. Once cooking cycle is complete allow ham to NATURALLY RELEASE for 10 minutes, followed by a QUICK RELEASE to release any remaining pressure. Turn off the Instant Pot ( by selecting CANCEL) and allow ham
- It may be necessary to cut ham down slightly to fit in the Instant Pot. Look for a ham approx. 6 lbs. for a 6 qt. Instant Pot and a ham approx. 7-8 lbs. for an 8 qt. Instant Pot.
- How to apply the glaze- I prefer to glaze the ham by “painting” the glaze on the ham (with a pastry brush or spoon) prior to adding it to the Instant Pot so that I can make sure the glaze is evenly distributed all over the ham. However, if you prefer you can add the ham to the Instant Pot (sliced side down on the trivet) and pour the glaze over the ham, allowing glaze to drip down and coat the sides of the ham.
- Make sure to turn off the Instant Pot once you’ve released all pressure. The default for many models of the Instant Pot is to have the Keep Warm feature enabled. Either disable it or make sure to turn off the Instant Pot once pressure is released. We don’t want dry ham!
Serving: 1serving ( 6 oz. cooked ham) | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.8g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Potassium: 31.5mg | Sugar: 16.7g