Easy Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
There's a reason this recipe is called "Easy Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls", because literally you combine chicken, black beans, corn, rice, enchilada sauce (or salsa) and Taco spices together in the Instant Pot and 10 minutes later you've got the perfect, tasty, healthy filling for a burrito bowl!
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium, divided
- 2 Tbsp Taco seasonings * store-bought or homemade- recipe in notes
- 1.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 15 oz. can black bean (low sodium) drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can corn (low sodium), drained
- 1 cup enchilada sauce or salsa
- 1 cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 6-8 cups lettuce washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Avocado for garnish (optional)
Add ¼ cup chicken broth and taco seasonings to Instant Pot and stir thoroughly. Stir in chicken, black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Add rice (but don’t stir) and remaining ¾ cup of chicken broth.
Set Instant Pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK, high pressure, 10 minutes cook time. When cooking cycle is complete QUICK RELEASE pressure. Stir burrito filling (chicken/bean/rice mixture).
Divide lettuce among 6 bowls, add burrito filling, diced tomato, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Garnish with cilantro and avocado slices, if desired.
*Use store-bought taco seasonings or make your own: For the Taco Seasoning 1 Tbsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin ½ tsp paprika ¼ tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional) Salt and pepper , to taste ( recommend approx. 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper)
Nutritional Values for Filling Only ( no lettuce, cheese, sour cream or tomato)
Calories: 245 Fat: 3.7 g Carbs: 25.4 g Fiber: 5.0 g Sugar: 2.1 g Protein: 27.5 g
Serving: 1g | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.1g | Protein: 33.1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 78.5mg | Sodium: 536.2mg | Potassium: 570.7mg | Fiber: 5.9g | Sugar: 3.5g | Vitamin A: 2730IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 2.7mg